Wednesday, July 29, 2020

My Gratitudes - Wednesday July 29, 2020


It's often said that we take better care of our cars than we do our bodies.  I know that rings true with me.  Most of us have spent our lives abusing our bodies through over eating, eating unhealthy foods, over-drinking, drug addiction, not exercising, hating our bodies, etc.    


The things we say about our bodies is just awful.  And if we're not saying it about ourselves, someone else is.  Yea, you can always count on somebody to fat shame you or say something nasty about the way you look.    While things regarding size and beauty has changed dramatically over the last few years,  the road ahead is still long and winding.  

So why do so many of us have low self esteem?  Why do so many compare themselves to unrealistic pictures in magazines, TV shows, movies, etc?  A lot of our issues towards our looks and our bodies stems from how we were raised and conditioned.  Growing up with a relentless fat shaming family, I can totally relate!  But there does come a time in your life, at least it did with me, when you take a stand and say ENOUGH!   

A little over 40 years ago I decided the only way I was ever going to feel good about myself is just accept who I was.  Love the skin you're in mindset came slow to me.  But it eventually took hold.  And then the realization that acceptance is only part of the process.  Important yes.  But there was a few other keys missing from this equation.  Love & Gratitude.  

Learning to love one's Self may be the greatest love of all ... but it's also the toughest!  Looking at yourself in the mirror and saying I LOVE YOU!?  What?!  You have got to be shitting me!!??!!  And I'm expected to do this naked?!!!  oy!   All kidding aside, standing in front of that mirror buck naked, really taking it all in and saying I LOVE YOU with conviction is very freeing.  Yea, in the beginning it can be embarrassing.  Then you realize, hey you're all alone there girlie, whatcha got to be so embarrassed about?  Then it's no holds bar!  I can actually state with conviction, I LOVE MY BODY!  Oh and by the way, when you're doing this little exercise ... don't do that thing where you say Oh I love my body, even though (you fill in the blanks).  mmmmkay?  That's self-defeating!  Look at those thunder thighs and declare your love for them!   They manage to carry your fat ass to one room to the next don't they?  Well let's show those chunky logs some love and appreciation there!   They deserve it!    Okay, you don't have to say it exactly like that --unless you want to.  The point being is do it!  Just do it!  Do a little at a time.  Tell your SELF -- I love your eyes!  I love how they are so expressive!  How they twinkle when you get a mischievious idea in your head!  I love your smile!  I enjoy how it brightens up a room!  I Love your arms!  I love how they wrap around someone and help them to feel good, safe and loved!  I love your the way your eyebrows are perfectly arched.  They really accent your eyes and your entire face!  I love your freckles.  They really bring out your overall beauty!  

Get the gist now?  

Gratitude, Love, Appreciation ... ACCEPTANCE!  These are your keys to a healthy self-esteem.  

So what are your body gratitudes?

Here are mine ...

I Am so Very Grateful for my ears.  They're really cute!  I love my ears and am grateful for their ability to hear and discern sounds  With my ears I can enjoy my favorite music!  The sounds of birds chirping, the sounds of laughter.  And I really appreciate and am grateful for being able to wear pretty earrings!  

I Am so Very Grateful for my hands.  I love how they look.  So tapered.  Not too big, not too small -- just right!  I love how I can use them to type on my keyboard and do my work; or maybe create a blog or write a new chapter in one of my books.  I am so grateful to have my hands --hands that are uniquely mine with their own set of fingers and finger prints.  I am so grateful to be able to use my hands to bring comfort to others, to create beautiful projects that can be shared with the world.  I am so very grateful for these hands.

I Am so Very Grateful for my  legs and my feet.  They take me where I want to go.  And they look great in a pair of high heels!  My feet are so cute -- they look so wonderful in a pair of sandals!  I love my feet and legs and appreciate how hard they really work to move me from one place to the next.

I Am so Very Grateful for my eyes.  My eyes are the perfect size and the perfect color.  I am grateful for my eyes that allow me to watch my favorite movies and shows; allows me to read and enjoy all my books.  I am so grateful for my eyes that let me see beautiful works of art; to see the sunset and the sunrise. 

I Am so Very Grateful for my mouth.  I love the way it curls up into a big smile!  How it allows me to communicate verbally.  How it allows my entire body to take in nourishment and refreshments.  I am so very grateful for my mouth!

I Am so very Grateful for my taste buds!  Let's face facts here -- without them food and drink wouldn't have that same allure.  I am grateful for my taste buds and how they let me know how my food and drink tastes.  I really love to eat -- so my taste buds are my best ... buds!   😏


I Am so Very Grateful for my teeth.  With my teeth I can chew on the foods I enjoy so much.  I really appreciate how my teeth grind up the food into little bits to make easier for me to digest and enjoy.  

I Am so Very Grateful for my vital organs -- my heart  & lungs the way they take in oxygen; my kidneys, bowels, spleen & liver how they filter out the toxins; my intestines and stomach how they know what to absorb and what to release.  

I Am so Very Grateful for my nose!  I appreciate how it looks, how it allows me to smell; I appreciate how it can filter out the dust.  It really is a cute nose!

I Am so Very Grateful for my body.  What a wonderful creation!  It allows me to experience things here on the earthly plane.  My body is wonderfully equipped to remove toxins from itself in so many ways!  It gets me around on this earth!  I really appreciate my body!  I am very grateful for this body!  It's a work of Art!! 

Embrace ALL that you are!
For YOU ... are ALL that there is!

 photo InnerBeauty_zps9a6bdd23.jpg




Known as The Empress of the Known & Unknown Universes™ and The Diva of Duct Tape, Julia has made it her personal mission to put Reality back into Spirituality™. Julia sets out to assist people in expanding their conscious awareness through her rather unique and personal take on the human experience. 

In the style of Erma Bombeck, Julia utilizes her own brand of humor and down to earth demeanor to get her messages across in an all so delightful way. 


PLEASE NOTE:  All artwork, unless otherwise specified, are the property of the individual artists themselves. The author of these blogs claims no ownership of the original artwork, but only of the sig tags created using said artwork. Each sig tag shown on these blogs include the appropriate copyright information of the Artists and the unique licensure for use.

Reproduction and copying of said work without proper authority is strictly prohibited

No comments: