Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Wednesday July 22, 2020 - My Gratitudes

If only for today ... drop the story and reveal the Glory! ~ Rev. Michael B. Beckwith

The stories we carry,  The things we say to ourselves.  The things we do to ourselves.  You know, if we were truly honest with our SELF -- if we saw someone treating another person the way we treat ourselves, or talk to another person the way we talk to ourselves, we would beat their ass! Okay, maybe that's just me. But seriously.  You know you would want to do something to make it stop.

I've heard it said, on more than one occasion, that many of us take better care of our vehicles than we do ourselves.  Why is that?  Many of us take better care of others than we do ourselves.   Why is that?

If you have flown you know the first rule of flying.  In case of emergency you are instructed to place the oxygen mask over your face FIRST.  Why is that?

Could it be due to the stories we carry?  What story are you carrying that prevents you from being kind to yourself?  What story includes you treating others better than you do yourself?  What story includes you taking care of your automobile better than yourself?  What story includes you putting everyone first while you suffer in silence?

What story are you hiding behind to shield yourself?

My personal story is or I should say ... was ... everybody else comes first!  Today, not so much.  I'm still working on putting me first.  Old habits being what they are and what not.  I can see vast improvements in that area.   I still get accused of doing way too much  at work!  Though I really don't see it myself -- others do and point it out all the time.  Again, old habits -- making their way out the door -- slowly but surely!

Some "experts" say that women put everybody ahead of themselves more so than men.  I don't believe that holds true.  In fact, I believe that is just another story we are told to keep that gender gap wide open.    I'm not going to use my sex as part of my story line.  I know where all that putting everyone ahead of me story originated; how doing too much came about and how both story lines were instilled in me.   Being a female had nothing to do with it.   And that is my story and I'm sticking to it!😋

Today I am grateful for letting go of the story ... and revealing God's Glory!

I am grateful for the lessons that story has brought me through the years!

I am grateful for the wisdom I have gained through the story!

I am grateful for those who told me that was my story that has led to a bright and shining Revelation!

I AM Grateful for This Day!  I AM Grateful!  I AM!

Embrace ALL that you are ...
For YOU are ... ALL that there is!







No comments: