Monday, October 27, 2014

Cyber Security Awareness

Did you know that October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month?

Okay, maybe you knew about this, but I didn't.  Then again, October seems to be a busy month for Awareness campaigns.  

At any rate...

Seeing how  National Cyber Security Awareness Month is now drawing to an end, just keep in mind that it  does not mean the dangers are going away until next year. 

The dangers are out there every day people! 

So what can you do about it? 

Take a little time to learn about the issues. You don’t have to be a “techie” to learn about current scams, dangers to your children, securing your computer, etc. 


Here is a good, easy to follow website that will help you learn about all of these risks AND what to do  about them: http://www.onguardonline.gov

It helps you find the answers for questions like:

 How do I know if I have been hacked?

 Why shouldn’t I use the coffee shop Wi-Fi to access my bank or pay my bills?

 How can I protect my kids online?

 How can I make my home computer more secure?

 Is it safe to use an IP camera in my home?

 How can I avoid Malware on my computer?

As well as answers to many other questions you may have.

Cyber Security is not just “the other guys” job. It’s everyone’s job. We live in a Cyber-World now, like it or not. Be part of the team, and keep yourself and everyone else safe.





No comments: