Friday, September 20, 2013

Bullied girl, whose brother wrote viral letter to Santa, surprised by favorite band

When Karen Suffern, a single mom from Rocky Mount, N.C., asked her 8-year-old twins to write a letter to Santa with their Christmas wishes over the weekend, she expected to see toys, books and clothes on the list.
Instead, Suffern was shocked to see a heartfelt request from her son, Ryan, that Santa Claus step in and put an end to the bullying suffered by his twin sister, Amber.
“Dear Santa … I wanted a [remote control] car and helicopter, but I don’t want that any mor. Kid at school are still picking on Amber and its not fair because she doesnt do anything to them … ,” Ryan wrote. “I prayed that they will stop but god is bisy and needs your help.
“Is it against the rules to give gift early?” he wrote.
“Ryan handed me his and told me not to read it so of course I read it to find out what he wanted,” Suffern told ABCNews.com. “That’s when I realized and thought, ‘Oh, my gosh.’”

Read Entire Story by clicking HERE

Source:  ABC News; WHAS Louisville




UPDATE

The third grade girl, who suffered bullying at school, was star struck when her idols walked out and serenaded her with a special performance, bringing a much-needed smile to her face.

The story started when the twins' mother, Karen Suffern, from Rocky Mount, N.C., asked her 8-year-old twins to write a letter to Santa with their Christmas wishes over the weekend. She expected to see toys, books and clothes on the list and was shocked to see the heartfelt request from her son for Santa Claus to step in and put an end to his sister's bullying.

"Dear Santa … I wanted a [remote control] car and helicopter, but I don't want that any mor. Kid at school are still picking on Amber and its not fair because she doesnt do anything to them … ," Ryan wrote. "I prayed that they will stop but god is bisy and needs your help.

"Is it against the rules to give gift early?" he wrote.

"Ryan handed me his and told me not to read it so of course I read it to find out what he wanted," Suffern said. "That's when I realized and thought, 'Oh, my gosh.'"

Ryan didn't stop there. He also asked for his sister to meet her favorite band.

Click HERE to Read Entire Story and to Watch the Video


Source:  ABC News; WHAS Louisville






No comments: