Monday, January 2, 2012

One Small Victory: The Light Switch HAS Been Flipped On!

My day was brightened when I sat down with my hot steaming cup of coffee and turned on the radio this morning.    Discussion about Bill S1867.   On December 31, 2011, President Obama signed off on this bill. 

In case you have been living under a rock somewhere on a distant planet in a galaxy far, far away -- this is the Bill that gives the military authority to detain any person they suspect as a terrorist! 



See my previous blog on this subject  ... Click HERE




Mike Gallagher, during his show, made some valid points.  Many of which I agree with.    In particularly treating all known terrorists as enemy combantants.   Having them tried by military law -- not regular civilian laws.      Of course, there will be those who disagree.    And that's fine!  But it is something I agree with.  And I will not waiver my stance on it.



The laws that define what a terrorist is must be changed if any of us are to feel a measure of safety within the borders of the U.S.A.!    The way the bill reads  does not exclude Americans (born or naturalized).  NDAA does apply to Americans!   Read the exposed myths at  www.naturalnews.com

I am not comfortable giving that much authority to anyone in particular-- but it really unnerves me when I know  the military has been granted a broad sweep like this.  Historically speaking, both past and present, tells us it is not a good idea -- for any reason!  

Don't get me wrong -- I am all for the military doing their job to protect us as a whole!  I understand it is the duty and obligation of Congress to keep the American people safe.    I get that!  I support that!  However!  Washington needs to redefine what is considered a true terrorist!  Post Haste!

After hearing this bill talked about by the folks in the media I feel the light switch has been flipped on! I was getting a little concern there for minute!   But it doesn't stop there folks!  We all must come together and contact our representatives and demand the wording be changed ASAP!   





Photobucket



Known as The Empress of the  Unknown Universes™ and The Diva of Duct Tape,  Julia has made it her personal mission to put Reality back into Spirituality™.   Julia sets out to assist people in expanding their conscious awareness through her rather unique and personal take on the human experience.  In the style  of Erma Bombeck, Julia utilizes her own brand of humor and down to earth demeanor to get her messages across in an all so delightful way.


PLEASE NOTE:


All articles posted on this Blog are protected by International Copy Right Laws. Any portion of these articles copied, whether in part or in whole, are to include full acknowledgements of the author, (Name, website, blog site, as well as any and all contact information) Followed by the copyright symbol © .

All artwork, unless otherwise specified, are the property of the individual artists themselves. The author of these blogs claims no ownership of the original artwork, but only of the sig tags created using said artwork. Each sig tag shown on these blogs include the appropriate copyright information of the Artists and the unique licensure for use.

Reproduction and copying of said work without proper authority is strictly prohibited

No comments: